A Sticky sidebar widget is a great option to highlight a widget. By doing this the widget will stick and float while scrolling the page.
This improves the conversion rate of the website.
Mainly the visitor doesn’t view the sidebar content but you can grab attention on it by making sticky some of the widgets like – newsletter, ads, etc.
In this tutorial, I am using Q2W3 Fixed Widget plugin to make sticky sidebar widget.
1. Install & Activate
- Login to your Admin dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins->Add new and search for the plugin “Q2W3 Fixed Widget“.
- Install and Activate it.
2. Add Widget
- Navigate to Appearance->Widgets.
- Add a new Widget to the sidebar or Click on any existing widgets.
- Check the Fixed widget checkbox and click on the Save button.
You can change the plugin settings for this –
- Go to the Apperance->Fixed Widget Options.
- From here you can manage the top and bottom margins, specify custom HTML ids, etc.
You can make one or more widget sticky by just checking the Fixed widget checkbox in Widget section.
Use it on your last sidebar widget otherwise, it will overlap with other widgets.