WordPress is a free open source software, that means you can download, install and modify it. It is mainly popular for creating blogging website but you can create any kind of website in it.
It is customizable with themes and plugins.
You can easily install it on your local system for creating your project and testing it before making it live.
It this tutorial I am installing WordPress on Windows and using XAMPP.
1. Download and Create Project
- Download the WordPress from the Official website.
- Copy the zip file and navigate to
xampp/htdocsdirectory on your system and paste it.
- Extract the Zip file and rename the directory name e.g.
- Open PHPMyAdmin in your browser and create a new database e.g.
- Open your browser and type
- You will see a language selection page. Select your preferred language and click on
- Instruction page will display on the screen where it tells that WordPress required database and user information while installation.
- Click on
- Enter the Database name, username, password, database host details. You can change the Table Prefix from
wp_to any other value.
- If database successfully connected then WordPress ask do you want to Run the Installation.
- Click on
Run the Installbutton.
- Enter the Site Title, Username, password, email and click on the
Now run your website e.g.
Log in to your Admin dashboard e.g.
localhost/wordpress_test/wp-admin/ to manage your WordPress site.
I hope that this article helps you to install WordPress on your Windows system.
If you liked this tutorial, then share with your friends or other on social media.