- Information sent from a form with the GET method is visible to everyone (all variable names and values are displayed in the URL).
- $_GET also has limits on the amount of information to send. The limitation is about 2000 characters.
- However, because the variables are displayed in the URL, it is possible to bookmark the page. This can be useful in some cases.
- $_GET may be used for sending non-sensitive data.
- Information sent from a form with the POST method is invisible to other and has no limits on the amount of information to send.
- Moreover, $_POST support advanced functionality such as support for multipart binary input while uploading files to server.
- However, because the variables are not displayed in the URL, it is not possible to bookmark the page.
- $_REQUEST contains the contents of $_GET,$_POST and $_COOKIE.
Spread the love